Catalyst
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A PbP semi-fantasy wolf roleplay site for intermediate and advanced roleplayers a like.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Click below for our World Map
Latest topics
» Wild Reign-- a wolf roleplay unlike the others
Be still my beating heart EmptySat Jun 29, 2013 1:02 pm by Guest

» silvers bio
Be still my beating heart EmptySat Jun 22, 2013 12:16 am by silver

» A Place to Meditate
Be still my beating heart EmptyThu Jun 20, 2013 12:15 pm by Aleria

» Taking Over
Be still my beating heart EmptyTue Jun 11, 2013 2:21 pm by Fangir

» Being away
Be still my beating heart EmptyTue Jun 11, 2013 1:59 pm by Aleria

» Every Rose as its thorns
Be still my beating heart EmptySun Jun 02, 2013 2:20 pm by Sage

» | Incandescence | Post-Apocalyptic Wolf RPG
Be still my beating heart EmptyTue May 28, 2013 2:44 pm by Guest

» Hunting? Or Just Lost?
Be still my beating heart EmptyMon May 20, 2013 4:04 am by Fangir

» Be still my beating heart
Be still my beating heart EmptyFri May 17, 2013 5:21 pm by Sage

Quick Links
Top Ranking Sites
Top 50 Wolf RPG Top 100 Canine Sites

Be still my beating heart

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Eclipse

Eclipse

Be still my beating heart Empty
PostSubject: Be still my beating heart   Be still my beating heart EmptyTue May 14, 2013 10:04 pm

Always watching..

Two day's travel, two days away from her young who were growing every day now. Several months old, able to stand on their own four feet as long as they stayed nearby the den that had been made. It made it so she could finally stretch her legs and leave them for a bit, they were learning the ropes of hunting. Hopefully she would not be gone too long but she needed a break. Time to thing, time to mourn, time to regroup. Just time was all she needed.

Tired paws trudged on along the white sands, never in her life had she seen such untainted particles before. They were white, practically translucent. They stuck to her black paws making it appear she had been walking in the snow, which in fact she had been earlier that day, but now now. Now the obsidian female was pacing through the sands of the North in hopes of clearing her mind. So much had happened, such large decisions had been made and done. Leaving her home, everything behind and for what? To find empty land where the humans were weaker than before, they knew not of the wolves that had arrived in their land, than the felines that roamed the area were not average either. They had claimed these lands for so long that perhaps they had thought they were to be the top predator.

Finally she stopped and sat down on her haunches, head down so her nose pointed towards the ground, her ears twisted back on her head as she felt herself give in at last. It was over, all of it. She was not the young wolf she had been so long ago. Eclipse was aging, she knew it. Her fur would not hold the same shine it had been when she was younger, iridescence was fading. Her drive to live was failing her as she sunk lower into darkness she was unable to pull herself out of. Dulled eyes looked up towards the sky as a single crow circled above her, black as ebony, circling her against a black sky ready to rain. The female's shoulders slumped as she sighed and began to dream of something else, something better. Had this been futile?

The female drew in a deep breath and began to howl, very rarely had her voice sounded so defeated yet there was no other way for her to express herself without being in her human form to cry. For the first time in years, she allowed herself the time to let the burdens that had been on her shoulders for years. Years that she had never complained and always stayed strong. With no pack beneath her to rely on her for guidance, she broke. Eclipse's head lowered, her front paws giving out beneath her, she dropped down onto the sand defeated. Laying there with her thin body stretched out against the cold sand. A deep breath forced out of her lungs displaced the white sand in front of her mouth to a new resting place. Her tail lifeless behind her, breathing slowed, and her eyes closed. She did not sleep, she just vanished to another place within her mind.

Back to top Go down
Sage

Sage

PostSubject: Re: Be still my beating heart   Be still my beating heart EmptyWed May 15, 2013 2:04 am

Sands as white as snow, he could hardly believe it. The mountain's heart was right, this place was diffident from other lands and it held all sorts of life within. The old wolf walked along on the soft cool sand, not bothering to be in his younger form, the land was easy on the old and he didn't want to waist any energy. He liked the strange sand, even though whenever he moved to fast and got some on him it stood out on his brown coat. He didn't mind too much though, a little sand never hurt.

Sniffing here and there he tried to see if any other animals normally cross the sands. It certainly didn't smell of human but he did catch a whiff or two of crustations. There were even some plants here, although most of it was washed up seaweed, it was still alive and if need be he could use the energy from it. "Wouldn't do me any good if I needed it and it was far away." He thought walking along the waters edge and taking a strand of seaweed in his mouth. Tossing it in the air he let it wrap lightly around his neck.

"There now, and I'm sure it helps to improve my appearance." He thought with a mental chuckle. It even made him smell a little of the sea, and while he prefered smelling of the earth and forest, the sea was a vast place of life and it was a part of nature too. Newly equipped he walked along trying to get a feel for the ever changing sands and sea when he heard a howl. He paused in his tracks as the water washed over her paws. Hearing the howl of another wolf was always a risk, he could go and make an aquantince or run into a threat. Though there was noting threatening about the howl, it was sad, mournful even.

Though he was a loner and a bit selfish, Sage wanted to investigate this howl, it wouldn't feel right not going even if it was partly to satisfy his own cuiroty. Moving a little faster he went toward the howl and soon saw a black figure stick out clearly on the white sands. It was a wolf, a female by the looks of it who looked at a loss. He had seen the look many times before, he had it a few times himself when in training. Silently he moved five body lengths away from the female and sat waiting to see what would happen. He didn't feel like making any noises or welcomes, if she knew he was there then her seances were still good enough to be out here alone, if not she was some foolish young one who probably wouldn't be able to hold a decent conversation.
Back to top Go down
Eclipse

Eclipse

PostSubject: Re: Be still my beating heart   Be still my beating heart EmptyWed May 15, 2013 1:12 pm

Always watching..

Was it so wrong to want a better life? It must have been, because so far everything was pushing back against her. For now she could try and just let it all wash away with the tide. At least it is what she would have wanted to do had someone not been approaching. Her left ear twisted towards the approaching footsteps and her nose began to twitch. It was not Wolf, he would probably be laughing at her by this point. Instead the onlooker was silent save for their breathing. The female took a deep breath and rolled herself up onto her stomach, her head shaking to remove the sand that had coated the fur along the right side of her face.

She turned her head with a low growl, looking over at the old varge. He had been the first wolf she had seen here, beside Wolf and her offspring of course. Obsidian eyes took in his appearance, dingy fur, with...seaweed wrapped around his neck? Well that was a strange site if she'd ever seen it. Perhaps he thought it looked like a lovely necklace. To each his own she supposed. Eclipse tilted her head and suppressed a chuckle as she watched him. She had not been looking for company; however, her howl was bound to have intrigued someone enough for them to come investigating. The lips of her muzzle reeled back, her tongue lashing out against her exposed teeth. "May I help you with something, or did you just come to see what all the commotion was about?"

The fact of the matter was, she wasn't interested in anything, not even his answer but it seemed only right to ask him. She had not lost all of her manners since she left, just her need to let loose and relax. To be the wolf she was meant to be.

(Sorry it is short.)
Back to top Go down
Sage

Sage

PostSubject: Re: Be still my beating heart   Be still my beating heart EmptyWed May 15, 2013 2:37 pm

His eyes watched the female as she stood and was somewhat glad she was at least not deep enough in her sorrow to keep the sand on her face. He looked down to his own paws as she growled, disregarding her fur the moment and making sure his paws looked good. They had plenty of sand on them or at least it was more visible on this black points. Shaking his paws he turned his attention back to the female just in time to see her tilt her head. He wondered why a moment before he remembered his 'necklace'. He wagged his tail just a moment it was rather silly but he didn't mind.

His upbeat mood left him as the female showed her fangs, but at last she was well enough to speak. "Just to see the commotion, a howl with that much sorrow has to have a lot of weight on it. A lone wolf in a sad state all alone can fall food to some other mangy creature. But at least you noticed I was there that's something. Just why are you so down on yourself anyway? Going to be another victim of the world chewing you up and spiting you out?"

There was noting kind in his words, but noting too harsh. Sage wasn't one for sharing the emotions of others or doing things gently he just saw most things as straightforward. A lone wolf looking somewaht thin and with dull fur out here was as venurable as him in his elder form with no plants around. He would have hated to see a fellow wolf die.

(No problem, and is Olive a bit better on the eyes than the green?)
Back to top Go down
Eclipse

Eclipse

PostSubject: Re: Be still my beating heart   Be still my beating heart EmptyWed May 15, 2013 8:56 pm

(Both colors are fine)

Always watching..

Despite her looks, Eclipse would have been ready for any kind of fight. Slightly thin from lack of hunting for herself and more hunting for her young saw it no other way, she'd fight for her life and theirs should the need arise. Her aura flared to life, the dingyness from her fur vanished and a brilliant irridescence took its place. She drew her enery from the life around her, cycling it through her body and borrowing it. It was all returned through her paws, right back into the ground. Exchanging what was worn out for what is now new. Replenishing her for now, her slightly thin fram would have to wait til she began eating for herself again and when her young were old enough to eat as well.

"This world can kiss my ass and anyone looking to take me as their victem will find themselves in a fight that might see them within the jaws of another while their life ended.." She lifted herself up to a seated position with her tail flicking behind her and her ears pricked forward on her skull. He'd get no information about the ture meaning of why she was in such distress, she did not know him as much as he did not know her. Strangers meeting for the first time. Onxy eyes narrowed as they watched the stranger. "What is your name?" Inquiring as politely as she could to him, he was as straight forward as she was, something she could, and would, respect in the old male. It was something she had missed from her past, being around those who took as much crap as she did, which was not much, then were as straight forward as she was as well. It was a good breath of fresh air.

The crow caught her attention again momentarily as it perched itself on a rock that lay partially burried in the white sand. The rock had been washed white to blend in with the sand particles, practically looking as though it was covered in snow like the mountains that set the back drop behind the two wolves. With a heavy breath, her attention was taken from the crow and towards the ocean. White foam capped waves breaking less than a mile from shore, a distant roar of what very well was a siren beckoning weary travelers out to sea only to be swept away by the lowering tide. A dangerous time to be out in the ocean and in these fridgid waters there was no telling how long any wolf could stand before succumbing to frostbite and then for the organs to shut down soon after from pulling blood away from the extremeties. Eclipse figured that she would drown before her body shut down in these waters. No doubt in the winter it would be full of packed ice and perhaps the occasional iceburg.With those thoughts on her mind she turned her attention back to the wolf, expectantly waiting for an answer.

Back to top Go down
Sage

Sage

PostSubject: Re: Be still my beating heart   Be still my beating heart EmptyThu May 16, 2013 12:36 am

"Inserting." Sage thought as the female changed appernaces. He felt the spike in energy and it confirmed that she was not a normal wolf, she was something like him. It brought about a change in the female that was like the one when he used plants. Though she was still thin, he could tell she was stronger now and could fight at any moment. He didn't want to be of any threat but he did want to be on a more level playing field.

"Well now, glad you have fire in you. Glad you can take the weight of the world and come back fighting." He said as she spoke and sat. He noted how she sat with authority, ears up and pointed. Yes he wanted to level the playing field. "And just in case that fire wants to burn me.." The seaweed around his neck started to glow green a moment before it started to wither. The light moved to Sage and into his skin as he shook and let the plant fall. The old wolf now looked like a middle aged wolf who was no longer and elder, he was smaller but more fit and his fur was a lighter blond with more shine. His points though were still as black as night.

"There now that's better. And as for a name, well I don't really stay in one place for long, if I do I'm old so my name may not be around long. You can call me 'Elder' though right now I don't really look like one. So then fireball in wolven fur, what is your name? Fair is...well I guess not fully fair but I could at least call you something unless you want to be called 'Fireball' or something.
" He watched her closely, the way she noticed all the little things around them from behind them from out in the ocean. "Hummm....You have much on your mind I see." He said simply not asking for anything in depth or giving some kind of guess.
Back to top Go down
Eclipse

Eclipse

PostSubject: Re: Be still my beating heart   Be still my beating heart EmptyThu May 16, 2013 10:27 am

Always watching..

The obsidian woman watched as the man's own appearance changed, sadly she had given away one trick but she'd not disclose any more of her powers. His rejuvenation was interesting though, she'd take note that the 'necklace' he had on was now withered and dried out while he had taken on some bit of life from it. A nifty trick but it would not stop death much like her powers could only heal so much of someone. "Fireball.." She chuckled at the name he'd given her and after his little speech of his name and why he gave it she only saw it fit to give him a name that may not have been hers. But what? New lands, new secrets? "Since you do not stay in one place for very long than I see no reason to give you anything but a name. Polaris" Yes, her mothers name, she was dead now so no one would ever know. A name was all that was asked for at that moment and a name was exactly what she had given him.

"What is on my mind is none of your concern, Elder. If you are looking to pick off someone easy for a quick snack you're mistaken." Her teeth flashed as she spoke, her tongue flicking out against them. When she stood up, her tail curled up instantly. When she walked she practically floated over the sands, paws hardly kicking up any of the snowy as she came up along his side, keeping a fair bit of distance between them. Few would see her so down and hard on herself, this male was not even close to having that privilege. "Have you seen enough to sate your curiosity?"

Back to top Go down
Sage

Sage

PostSubject: Re: Be still my beating heart   Be still my beating heart EmptyFri May 17, 2013 5:21 pm

[color:731b=olive]"Polaris, I will remember that." He watched as she spoke and flashed her teeth, more awake, more alive, more angry but less of a lump in the sand. "No, just making sure a fellow magnificent wolf doesn't die out here for a petty reason like sadness." Sage watched as she moved gracefully a little impressed. He stood as she was close. "Yes I suppose, there is much more I must admit but I'm sure we'll meet again in this wild land should we both stay alive long enough to meet again."

The land was a vicious one but he felt that Polaris had what it would take to survive it as would he. So far he met two wolves each inserting, maybe this would be a fun place to stay for a little while. "Til we meet again I suppose." He said walking his own way but not to far to see if she had any parting words.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Be still my beating heart   Be still my beating heart Empty

Back to top Go down

Be still my beating heart
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Catalyst :: Northern Plateau :: White Shore Plateau-
Jump to: